Formerly known as RAF Hartfordbridge the airport was opened in 1942 and was active throughout the Second World War. At the end of the war the newly renamed RAF Blackbushe remained active as transport command until the handover to civilian ownership in 1960 was accomplished.
Today, Blackbushe Airport is owned by British Car Auctions who have redeveloped the facility into a thriving centre of private, business and executive aviation.
Blackbushe is conveniently situated 3 miles from Camberley on the A30 London - Southampton road with access to the M3 motorway at junction 4a just 5 minutes away and is located to the north of Farnborough airport which is just a short hop by helicopter.
Because of itís location it is ideally suited to service businesses within the M3/M4 corridor and London to satisfy executive charter requirements and within easy reach of many top class golfing, leisure and conferencing venues. Likewise, all the surrounding counties have a wealth of historic and beautiful places to see which makes Blackbushe an ideal location to operate helicopter charter services.